Friday May 1st 2020 was a sad day for any Canadian concerned about Truth, Democracy and Due Process. The liberal government under the “leadership” of justin trudeau has used the tragedy in Nova Scotia and the reduced parliamentary oversight due to the Covid 19 epidemic to create new laws immediately banning 11 types of firearms, totaling close to 1500 models (details at the end of this post).
There is not scientific or rational justification for the measures, it has been implemented using an undemocratic process, it wrongfully targets a minority, its going to cost tax payers billions to implement and enforce and at the end of it there will be no benefit to society.
Over the coming weeks and months, there will be challenges to these new laws and we will work to keep everyone appraised of the developments and actions that can be taken to help reverse these unjust laws.
For now I would like to share the information that we do have and offer some advice on what you right now.
1. The first thing that EVERY firearm owner needs to realize is that we are all in this together, the gun ban groups have already said that this law does not go far enough, so now that the the scary “Assault Type” firearms are gone, guess how long before they start looking at “Sniper Rifles” aka any hunting rifle with a scope and then to the next and to the next, this is not stopping here, so whether you own one of the firearms affected or not, you still have a bone in this.
Heck as long as you care about Canada and our democracy, you should be pissed that the government is using OICs to pass such sweeping legislation and lying to justify it.
2. Everyone needs to get a membership to the
Canadian Shooting Sports Association
CCFR – Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights
These are the two primary groups that I can endorse, that will be tackling these laws from a legislative point of view as well as a public education campaign, these efforts cost money and our reluctance to donate the equivalent of 1 box of good hunting ammo per year to these groups is why we are now having to play catch up.
3. Call your MP, be calm, be polite, but let them know that their constituents care about this. Find your MP contact info here MPs by Constituency
4. Educate the people around you. Do not be vitriolic, most people feel the way they do because they don’t know the about firearms law. We need to win public support by pointing out:
How safe our system already is,
How wrong it is to use an undemocratic process to pass laws,
How this law will cost billions to implement and enforce,
How wrong it is to criminalize legal gun owners
How this law would not affect public safety
5. Finally for those who own any of the firearms now banned.
DO NOT TAKE ANY ACTIONS ON THE BAN.
There is a two year amnesty that gives you time to try to retain your legally purchased property. We will update you on that as the legal challenges get underway. For right now, continue to safely store your firearms at home. Do not take to the range.
List of Firearms newly banned in Canada:
- M16, AR-10, AR-15 rifles and M4 carbine
- Ruger Mini-14 rifle
- US Rifle M14
- Vz58 rifle and CZ858 rifle
- Robinson Armament XCR rifle
- CZ Scorpion EVO 3 carbine and pistol
- Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine
- SIG Sauer SIG MCX and SIG Sauer SIG MPX carbines and pistols
- Swiss Arms Classic Green and Four Seasons series rifles
- Firearms capable pf producing more that 10Kj muzzle energy (e.g. 50 BMG)
- Firearms with a barrel diameter more than 20mm.